Monday, May 15, 2006

Veggieburgers


make with 100% ground vegetarians

Should I say sorry to my "grass eating" friends in advance? I open my mouth, I look in the mirror, I see the teeth of an omnivore, I see no reason to fly in the face of nature. Besides, if we are not supposed to eat animals why do they taste so good?

I was a vegetarian for a while. Actually about a year before the BSE scandal broke. When my mum (RIP) tipped me off that doctors were warning there was something wrong in the food chain. Government strangely silent - sitting on the story - c*nts.

I discovered Indian food (lots of it vegetarian - and it tastes good). I still have my free Hare Krishna cook book - and it comes out from time to time; I said omnivore, not carnivore.

BUT this is an article every vegetarian should read (even if only to take vehement offence to):
http://www.hyperactive-stage.co.uk/blog/comments.asp?ref=196


Now read why I especially think you should read it (and it has nothing to do with what you choose to eat):
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/12/newcastle_veggie_site/

Don't like criticism of your beliefs? Lack the wit to enter into reasoned debate? Censorship - you know it makes sense.

No comments: